The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship is an incredible opportunity that could transform the lives of students and open doors to exciting opportunities, helping them live their dream. I am a testament to the life-changing experience of studying in Hungary.
More than 4500 scholarships were awarded and currently, we have over 7000 students studying here through the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship.
In the academic year 2023/2024, more than 5000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary. Currently, nearly 70 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 5 different continents.
What’s Your Benefit?
I can tell you, a whole lot! As someone who was opportune to study in Hungary through the same scholarship. You can live, work and study in a country well-known for its history, and vibrant culture with a booming economy.
As a Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holder, you will be able to focus on your academic advancement. All your tuition fees will be covered, and your travelling and accommodation costs will also be supported.
Joining our vibrant international community in the heart of Europe is an extraordinary way to establish your future and it gives you a chance to excel.
Obtaining a degree at a Hungarian university will give you an exceptional opportunity to acquire highly competitive knowledge and a unique international experience in the heart of Europe.
You can choose from a large number of programmes taught in English by the most renowned Hungarian universities.
Benefits of the Hungarian Stipendium Scholarships
- No Application fee is required to apply for Hungarian Scholarship
- A monthly stipend of Euro 150 will be issued to winners of Hungarian scholarships for BS or MS and Euro 450 amount will be given to researchers enrolled in a doctoral program
- A free shared room will be provided by any Hungarian university where you will study
- Free education and life insurance to be provided by university-affiliated with a Hungarian stipendium scholarship program
Hungary Scholarships Acceptance Criteria
International students who cleared the secondary stage of education with good grades are eligible to apply for Fully funded Hungary scholarship programs.
- You must have a good health record with proof of a healthy status from a certified medical practitioner. Health reports/certificates must be sent to the Hungary Government Scholarship council online.
- To apply for a fully-funded Hungary scholarship program, there is no need to take IELTS if you can provide alternate proof stating that your previous degree was taught in the English language.
- List of countries eligible for the Hungarian Scholarship Scheme: Pakistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Egypt, Argentine, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Brazil, Nigeria, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lao, Lebanese, Mongolia, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Algeria, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Colombia, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Namibia, Paraguay, Serbia, South Africa, Philippines, Myanmar, Turkey, Yemen, Russia, Vietnam, Israel, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Mexico.
How to apply for Hungary Scholarship (Stipendium Hungaricum)?
International students who just completed their secondary education with decent grades; now have another fully funded Hungarian Scholarships opportunity to commence their next academic journey.
This fully-funded Hungarian Scholarship is offered to students who want to pursue their careers by selecting any bachelor’s or medical degree program in any of the Hungarian universities.
The fully-funded Hungary Scholarship Online Application Steps are as follows:
- International students interested in studying Bachelor or Medical programs in Hungarian universities under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Scheme need to submit an online application stating three-degree programs in which they are interested in studying in Hungarian universities:
— Online Application for Hungary Scholarship: First of all, you have to submit a fully-funded Hungary Scholarship application online at the Hungary Government Scholarship website by filling: in your personal details, academic records, and future study interest degree program.
- While submitting your application for the Hungary scholarship, candidates will be asked to provide their three subject preferences to study in a particular Hungarian university. So, there is a complete list of all bachelor, master, doctoral and medical programs with the university’s name and website available to download in excel format from here.
List of courses in Hungarian Universities and a list of degree courses in Hungary universities2 includes bachelor’s, master’s, medical and doctoral level programs to be taught in all affiliated Hungarian Universities under the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship scheme.
- Candidates have to find degree programs from the above list of Hungarian Universities and then fill its detail in the online application and contact the “Sending Partner” which may be your country’s education ministry or Hungary Embassy in your home country.
- A total of 27 Universities and 420-degree programs are being offered under the Hungaricum Scholarship program so you can select a maximum of three options.
- You have to send the complete set of documents to the “Sending Partner” in your home country and then wait for their final nomination list for the Hungarian Scholarship scheme
- No Application Fee to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- The winner’s list of Hungarian Scholarship selection round 1 will be displayed after 9th April and shortlisted candidates will be called for a skype based interview/test
- Final winners of the Hungarian Stipendium will be issued with Admission notices for VISA processing by the end of June and then you can process your visa between July-August.
- Classes in Hungarian universities will begin in September
Documents Required for the fully-funded Hungarian Scholarships
- All international students from the participated country list mentioned above in this article are requested to initiate online applications and submit your Recent Photograph
- A motivation letter must be written in Times New Roman font, size 12, having at least one page
- The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship scheme requires international students to submit online proof of their English language skills. So, please look at the sample of the English Proficiency certificate you can obtain from your last school for the Hungary Scholarship. IELTS or TOEFL is not compulsory for Hungary Scholarships.
- Students applying for a fully funded Hungary scholarship for a bachelor’s degree must attach their scanned copy of their high school certificate
- People interested to begin an MS degree in Hungarian universities need to attach their under-graduation transcript and certificate
- Doctoral degree candidates are being asked to submit their Master’s degree qualification and transcript proof scanned copies in online application systems of the Hungarian scholarship website
- It would help if you had medical clearance from a certified doctor in order to apply for Hungarian Scholarship. So, please have a look at the Physical Examination form and get tested for all epidemic conditions, Hepatitis A, B, C, AIDS, and other major diseases and attach its copy
- A research proposal or study plan may also be required for some Hungarian scholarship awards
- All students applying for scholarships in Hungarian universities need to have their passport copy available but in case if it is not ready then provide it before the deadline.
- Applicants have to download the Statement of an Application form, sign it and attach it to doc’s set
- There is an additional set of documents required by Hungarian universities only from PhD candidates:
–Doctoral applicants have to ask their two professors from last attended school to issue recommendation letters to study in any of the Hungarian University
–Write a detailed research plan in the format: Roman font size 12, page limit not less than two
— Ph.D. The Hungarian scholarship council asks applicants to visit this Hungarian Scholarship notice before applying
- The do’s and don’t for the scholarship
The new Call for Applications 2023/2024 is available below and the application platform is open!
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2023
If you are interested in Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship then you should apply now.
PS: No Application Fee to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
To apply for the Hungarian scholarship, you will need to fill out an online application form. The form will ask for your personal information, including your contact details and educational background. You will also need to write a short essay explaining your motivation for applying for the scholarship. Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed by a committee of experts. If you are successful, you will be notified and asked to provide additional documentation, such as your CV and transcripts. The final decision on who receives the scholarship will be made by the committee based on all of the information that has been provided.
In order to be eligible for the Stipendium Hungaricum, you must:
– Be a citizen of a country that has a bilateral agreement with Hungary on the exchange of students
– Meet the academic requirements of the host institution in Hungary
– Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction at the host institution
– Not have already participated in the Stipendium Hungaricum programme
When you apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum, you will need to submit the following documents:
– A completed online application form
– A short essay explaining your motivation for applying for the scholarship
– Your CV
– Your transcripts
– Any other documents that may be required by the host institution in Hungary
Once you have submitted your application for the Stipendium Hungaricum, it will be reviewed by a committee of experts. The committee will assess your eligibility and suitability for the programme based on the information in your application. If you are successful, you will be notified and asked to provide additional documentation, such as your CV and transcripts. The final decision on who receives the scholarship will be made by the committee based on all of the information that has been provided.
The Stipendium Hungaricum covers the following expenses:
– Tuition fees at the host institution
– Monthly stipend for living costs
– Health insurance
– Travel costs to and from Hungary
If you would like to find out more information about the Stipendium Hungaricum, you can visit the website of the Hungarian Scholarship Board. Here, you will find all of the information you need about how to apply for the scholarship, as well as the eligibility requirements and selection process. You can also contact the Hungarian Embassy in your country for more information.