Did you know that affirmations can have an incredible impact on your personal life, mental health, career, and relationships?.
I had the opportunity of taking part in a workshop, 5 Choices of extraordinary productivity, a Franklin Covey’s training. During the session, a lady shared a story about the affirmations that changed her life. At first, I thought to myself, this is something I can relate to because I have experienced its power. The story turned out to be touching and inspiring for me that I could not keep to myself but share with you.
This story inspired me and reinforced my will to practice affirmations.
It was about a young man who had been through great disappointment in his relationship that cost him so much. His girlfriend who meant the world to him left him for another man taking his money leaving him broke, devastated, and lost.
His performance at work was impacted negatively and it almost cost him his job. He hardly ate as eating was something he did most often with his girlfriend who left him.
He was madly in love with her and couldn’t accept it in his heart that she could hurt him so bad. No matter what anyone said to him he couldn’t find it in his heart to forgive her and let go.
One morning after a lot of struggle going to bed the night before, he decided to attempt the one thing he couldn’t. Something he knows within him that he could never do and it was “to forgive”.
He attempted to voice it out that he had forgiven her. The attempt was a failure, he couldn’t. So he summoned the courage to do something else not knowing it would transform his life. He changed his phone’s password into the words “i4giveyou”. Since he couldn’t forgive her or move on, the only thought he had was to write it down.
Each time he had to unlock his mobile phone, he entered the words i4giveyou. Weeks passed since he started unlocking his phone with those words and what he realized about his current state of mind amazed him. He felt relieved, at peace, free from the shackles of unforgiveness. A hindrance to his finding himself again and moving on. He had forgiven his ex-girlfriend and could move on with his life.
As tough as this may sound most people have lived for years holding a hurt, grudge they had against someone they once held in high esteem, trusted, or loved.
The lady who shared this story was inspired by the impact of positive affirmations that she decided to apply the same methodology as the young man. She made her password into the thing she wanted to have as though she already had it.
Ever since she has witnessed a great transformation in her life and that of her family. Her dream of moving to another country as an expert came into reality. This was before she moved to Budapest, Hungary as an Expat.
Choose Positive Affirmations
There’s great power in words of affirmation, be it positive or negative. Words have the power to reshape your thinking, your mindset, your heart, alter your reality and change the life of another person.
It’s amazing how simple things such as words spoken or written can have a tremendous impact and influence on our life. Yet most people neglect this conscious or unconsciously.
Positive affirmations are simple statements repeated over and over until you believe them. When you’re thinking things like, “I’m not going to be able to do this,” or “I’m going to fail,” or “I’m going to look like a fool,” replace them with affirmations: “I’m going to do the best I can,” or “This is a learning process,” or “Nobody is judging me.” Before public speaking, some people concentrate on an affirmation such as those mentioned below.
Here is a list of powerful affirmations from liveboldandbloom you can practice to reshape your life.
- Happiness is my birthright. I embrace happiness as my setpoint state of being.
- I feel joy and contentment at this moment right now.
- I awaken in the morning feeling happy and enthusiastic about life.
- I can tap into a wellspring of inner happiness anytime I wish.
- By allowing myself to be happy, I inspire others to be happy as well.
- I have fun with all of my endeavors, even the most mundane.
- I look at the world around me and can’t help but smile and feel joy.
- I find joy and pleasure in the most simple things in life.
- I have an active sense of humor and love to share laughter with others.
- My heart is overflowing with joy.
Self Love Affirmations
- I am enough.
- I am beautiful.
- I believe in myself.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I am worthy of happiness and love.
- I love myself just the way I am.
- I am competent, smart, and able.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth.
- I am healthy, I am happy, I am strong.
- I love and accept myself unconditionally.
- Perfection is an illusion that I will not chase.
- I let go of the self-sabotage I used to do to myself.
- My high self-esteem enables me to respect others.
- My self-esteem is high because I honor who I am.
- I let go of negative thoughts and feelings about myself.
- As I change my thoughts, the world around me changes.
- I am self-reliant, creative, and persistent in whatever I do.
- I am a beautiful puzzle, and the pieces are constantly being put together.
- I am discovering more wonderful things about myself with each day passing.
- It matters little what others say. What matters is how I react and what I believe.
- I am successful in all of my endeavors. Success is my natural state.
- I find solutions to challenges and move past them quickly.
- Mistakes and setbacks are stepping stones to my success because I learn from them.
- Every day in every way, I am becoming more and more successful.
- I feel successful in my life right now, even as I work toward future success.
- I know exactly what I need to do to achieve success.
- I see fear as the fuel for my success and take bold action despite fear.
- I feel powerful, capable, confident, energetic, and on top of the world.
- I have an intention for success and know it is a reality awaiting my arrival.
- Today I am successful. Tomorrow I will be successful. Every day I am successful.
- I love meeting strangers and approach them with boldness and enthusiasm.
- I live in the present and am confident of the future.
- My personality exudes confidence. I am bold and outgoing.
- I am self-reliant, creative, and persistent in whatever I do.
- I am energetic and enthusiastic. Confidence is my second nature.
- I always attract only the best of circumstances and the best positive people in my life.
- I love change and easily adjust myself to new situations.
- I am well-groomed, healthy, and full of confidence. My inner well-being matches my outer self.
- Self-confidence is what I thrive on. Nothing is impossible, and life is great.
- I always see only the good in others. I attract only positive, confident people.
Daily Positive Affirmations
- I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely.
- I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me.
- I trust myself and know my inner wisdom is my best guide.
- I have integrity. I am totally reliable. I do what I say.
- I act from a place of personal security.
- I fully accept myself and know that I am worthy of great things in life.
- I choose to be proud of myself.
- I find deep inner peace within myself as I am.
- I fill my mind with positive and nourishing thoughts.
- My confidence, self-esteem, and inner wisdom are increasing with each day.
Positive Self Affirmations
- Every cell in my body vibrates with energy and health.
- I am completely pain-free, and my body is full of energy.
- I nourish my body with healthy food.
- All of my body systems are functioning perfectly.
- My body is healing, and I feel better and better every day.
- I enjoy exercising my body and strengthening my muscles.
- With every breath out, I release stress in my body.
- I send love and healing to every organ of my body.
- I breathe deeply, exercise regularly, and feed only good nutritious food to my body.
- I pay attention and listen to what my body needs for health and vitality.
Positive Words of Affirmation
- My world is filled with positive, and loving people.
- I sow the seeds of peace wherever I go.
- I surround myself with peaceful people.
- My work environment is calm and peaceful.
- I breathe in peace, I breathe out chaos and disorder.
- My home is a peaceful sanctuary where I feel safe and happy.
- In all that I say and do, I choose peace.
- I release past anger and hurts and fill myself with serenity and peaceful thoughts.
- Peace descends all around me now and always.
- I send peace from myself into the world.
- I am focused and engaged in the task at hand.
- All is well right now.
- I am grateful for this moment and find joy in it.
- I gently and easily return to the present moment.
- I observe my thoughts and actions without judging them.
- I am fully present in all of my relationships.
- Life is happening at this moment.
- I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones.
- I observe my emotions without getting attached to them.
- I meditate easily without resistance or anxiety.
Have you tried out any positive affirmations in your life? If your answer is Yes, did it have a meaningful impact on your life?