Athletes are some of the most disciplined people in the world. They train day in and day out, pushing themselves to their limits in order to be the best that they can be. While most people are not athletes, we can all learn something from their discipline.
Why is it important to be disciplined?
In an interview, Bibiano Fernandes, a Former ONE Bantamweight World Champion said;
“I believe discipline is the key to everything you have. I don’t think you only need to be disciplined as a champion or an athlete, but I think you have to be disciplined in your lifestyle.”Bibiano Fernandes, a Former ONE Bantamweight World Champion:
Discipline is the cornerstone of any successful endeavour. Without discipline, it’s very hard to achieve anything of significance.
For athletes, being disciplined is what allows them to train day after day, week after week, and month after month.
It’s what enables them to keep pushing themselves even when they’re tired or injured.
How does this translate to success in life?
Well, just like athletes need the discipline to succeed in their field, you need the discipline to succeed in yours.
If you want to start your business, get a promotion at work, or just be happier and healthier, you have to be disciplined in order to achieve your goals.
Many people give up too quickly when they don’t see results right away.
Quitting is always the easy way out, but it will not lead to success.
Whatever you’re pursuing in life and want to accomplish, you need the discipline to stick with it even when things get tough. So don’t give up on your dreams!
Stay disciplined, and you’ll eventually reach your goals.
Self-discipline Quotes to Help You Achieve Success
1. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
2. “If you wish to be out front, then act as if you were behind.” – Lao Tzu
4. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as a punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
5. “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” – George Washington
7. “The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” – E.M. Gray
8. “The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline.” – Bum Philips
9. “Success is a result of daily disciplines compounded over time.” – Darren Hardy
“With self-discipline, most anything is possible.” – Theodore Roosevelt