Learning is culture, a lifelong process, and attitude that serves anyone who adopts such a lifestyle with continuous growth. Such a lifestyle of constantly seeking to acquire knowledge, skills, and experiences drives you towards growth. Our experiences in life, career, relationships all add up to our progress or decline but more on how we apply the things we have learned.
Explore your creativity with classes in illustration, photography, design, and more. Start a Free Trial today.
There can be no growth without learning. Do you know why? When you were a child you learned to crawl before your first walk by applying what you learned in maintaining your balance. Over time, you learned to make sounds, shaping them into words and understanding how those words connect you with others. Through a constant repetition and application of your learnings, you gained the ability to express your thoughts.
Everyone who has grown to become successful developed a growth mindset, an essential ingredient for learning. A growth mindset sees challenges and learnings as opportunities rather than things to run from. Such a mindset enables these transform themselves into elites in their fields. They no longer see failures as failures but valuable lessons.
Be a lifelong learner, constantly learning about yourself, your limits, your strengths, what works and what doesn’t.
Here are top 45 success quotes to encourage learning and growth.
1 “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.”— Bruce Lee
2. “Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.”— Babe Ruth
3. “Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterward to solve other problems.”— Rene Descartes
4. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.”— Napoleon Hill
5. “Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.”— Doug Firebaugh
6. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”— Muhammad Ali
7. “I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.”— George Patton
8. “I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind.”— George Bernard Shaw
9. “A master lives in the world of transformation, not the world of loss and gain.”— Dr. John Demartini
10. “Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.”— Chinese Proverb
11. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one.”— Chinese Proverb
12. “Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life.”— Herbert Otto
13. “Collect as precious pearls the words of the wise and virtuous.”– Abd El-Kader
14. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”— Dale Carnegie
15. “Do not despise the bottom rungs in the ascent to greatness.”– Publilius Syrus
16. “Never walk away from failure. On the contrary, study it carefully and imaginatively for its hidden assets.”— Michael Korda
17. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”— T.S. Eliot
18. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.”– Confucius
19. “Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.”— African Proverb
20. “So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because that’s where you will find success. On the far side of failure.”— Thomas J.Watson, Sr.
21. “Success is a journey, not a destination.”— Ben Sweetland
22. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”— Friedrich Nietzsche
23. “If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.”— Lord Chesterfield
24. “If you aren’t making any mistakes, it’s a sure sign you’re playing it too safe.”— John Maxwell
25. “If you learn only methods, you’ll be tied to your methods, but if you learn principles you can devise your own methods.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.”— Thomas Watson, Sr
27. “In order to succeed, you must fail so that you know what not to do the next time.”— Anthony J. D’Angelo
28. “It is true that the mental aspect of kung-fu is the desired end; however, to achieve this end, technical skill must come first.”— Bruce Lee
29. “It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final.”— Roger Babson
30. “I’ve always tried to go one step past wherever people expected me to end up.”— Beverly Sills
31. “The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can.”— Robert Cushing
32. “The highest reward for one’s toil is not what one gets for it, but what one becomes by it.”— John Ruskin
33. “The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.”— Lloyd Jones
34. “The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”– Proust
35. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.”— Dale Carnegie
36. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”— Colin Powell
37. “There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth — not going all the way, and not starting.”– Buddha
38. “Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there.”— Marcus Washling
39. “To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.”– Shakespeare
40. “To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.”— Bertrand Russell
41. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”— Mark Twain
42. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”— Ronald Osborn
43. “We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success; we often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never makes a mistake never made a discovery.”— Samuel Smiles
44. “We must never be afraid to go too far, for success lies just beyond.”— Marcel Proust
45. “We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us.”— Jean-Paul Sartre
Learning is a constant repetitive process, one that should you should inculcate as a lifestyle. The benefits of learning are growth in a constant progressive manner.