Steve Jobs was the legendary, futurist visionary who created a sensation across the globe with his personal computer revolution, made history in the world of consumer electronics with his foray into the music and cellular industry. Jobs was the founder of Apple Inc., Pixar Animation Studios, and NeXT Inc., there were over 300 US patents listed under his name.
During his years at Apple, he super-headed the development of the iMac, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Steve Jobs received several awards including the National Medal of Technology and Jefferson Award for Public Service. He was inducted into the California Hall of Fame in 2007. Jobs was named the most powerful person in business by Fortune magazine. In 2009, Fortune magazine named him the CEO of the decade. The following year, he ranked at No 17 in the Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People. In 2010, he was named a person of the year by Financial Times.
It seemed that he was never satisfied with a single achievement, as the master of innovation, he was known for his perfectionist attitude and futuristic vision. He foresaw trends in the field of information technology and worked hard to embrace the same in his line of products. Jobs was the mastermind behind the working of Apple’s Retail Stores, iTunes Store, and the App Store. Steve Jobs launched the first generation iPhone, the first smartphone which included multimedia capabilities and quad-band touchscreen. It was named the ‘Invention of the Year’ in 2007.
Posthumously, he was awarded Grammy Trustee Award and inducted as a Disney legend. He was even named as ‘greatest entrepreneur of our time’ by Fortune magazine. Jerry Brown, the Governor of California declared October 16 as ‘Steve Jobs Day’. And a bronze statue of him was unveiled at the Graphisoft Company in Budapest in December 2011.
Little known that the man, who revolutionized consumer electronics as we know it today, dropped out of Reed College after passing high school in 1972. However, he remained on campus to pursue creative classes, including a course on calligraphy. His first job was that of a technician at Atari Inc., in Los Gatos, California, in 1973. And he named his own company “Apple” just because it came before Atari in the phone book—Atari was the name of the company Jobs worked for prior to creating Apple.
According to his coworkers and friends, Jobs wasn’t the most pleasant person. He was notorious for his lack of hygiene — it is said that he never bathed and walked around the office barefoot while working at Atari. He always parked in the handicap parking zone. Moreover, he denied paternity of his first child, Lisa Brennan Jobs, who was born to a girlfriend, claiming he was sterile.
Despite all the statements in the above paragraph, Steve Jobs was emotionally highly intelligent in his work and was exceptional regarding his out of the box thinking and revolutionary mindset which raised him to the highest levels. His craving for innovation and thirst for new ideas gave him the opportunity to challenge his entire company from time to time. The legendary Steve Jobs was well-known for his exceptional views on successful life and principles to live by.
Top 25 Powerful Life-Transforming Steve Jobs Quotes
1. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
2. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” – Steve Jobs
3. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
5. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” – Steve Jobs
6. “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.” – Steve Jobs
7. “When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.” – Steve Jobs
8. “That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.” – Steve Jobs[clickToTweet tweet=”“Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.” – Steve Jobs” quote=”“Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.” – Steve Jobs” theme=”style5″]
10. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful…that’s what matters to me.” – Steve Jobs
11. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
12. “Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
13. “We’re just enthusiastic about what we do.” – Steve Jobs
14. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
15. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” – Steve Jobs
16. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs quotes”
17. “What is Apple, after all? Apple is about people who think ‘outside the box,’ people who want to use computers to help them change the world, to help them create things that make a difference, and not just to get a job done.” – Steve Jobs
18. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.” – Steve Jobs
19. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.” – Steve Jobs
20. “I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed.” – Steve Jobs
21. “Bottom line is, I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence.” – Steve Jobs
More Powerful Quotes: Top 25 Most Moving Jay Shetty Quotes To Encourage
22. “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each others’ negative tendencies in check, they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.” – Steve Jobs quotes
23. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs
24. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
25. “Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.” – Steve Jobs
Ok, it’s your turn to share your favorite Steve Jobs Quotes.