Oprah Winfrey shattered every barrier/challenges she encountered. What a strong woman.
Explore your creativity with classes in illustration, photography, design, and more. Start a Free Trial today.
Today, she is a great inspirational figure, an epitome of greatness, a symbol of success and hopes to all who have faced many challenges in life. She is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Well renowned for her famous talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, one of the highest-rated television program of its kind in history. It was the number one talk show for 24 consecutive seasons, winning every sweep since its debut in 1986. She was dubbed the “Queen of All Media”, and the richest African American of the 20th century and North America’s first multi-billionaire black person, and has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She has also been sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.
Life for Oprah wasn’t always this especially flamboyant, and great. Oprah was born in Mississippi to a teenage mother in 1954 but raised by her grandmother. At age nine, she had a devastating experience of being raped by her cousin. Over the years she was sexually abused by men.
She went to live with her father in Nashville at 14, hiding the fact she was pregnant and gave birth to a son two months early but she died soon afterward.
Living with her father and stepmother provided stability and high expectations – her father expected good grades at school. When she was 17, Winfrey won a beauty pageant sponsored by a local radio station. Someone at the station, perhaps noticing her smooth, warm voice, asked her to read a news report on tape and she did it so well, she was offered a part-time job.
She worked her way from humble beginnings in America to become a successful billionaire. Today, her net worth of about $3 billion according to Forbes. Oprah has transitioned her hit talk show host into a media and business empire.
Here are Oprah’s Top 25 Most Enlightening quotes that will empower you to strive to be the best you can be and will be.
Top 25 Most Enlightening Oprah Winfrey Quote
- “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” Oprah Winfrey.
- “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Then try again. Do better the second time.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” Oprah Winfrey
- “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” Oprah Winfrey
- “As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change their future by merely changing their attitude.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Use your life to serve the world, and you will find that also serves you.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Failure is a great teacher. If you’re open to it every mistake has a lesson to offer.” Oprah Winfrey
- “What I know is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Failing is another stepping stone to greatness.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Follow your instincts. That is when true wisdom manifests itself.” Oprah Winfrey
- “You cannot hate other people without hating your self.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The big secret in life is there is no secret. Whatever your goal. You can get there if you’re willing to work.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Whatever you fear the most has no power, it is your fear that has no power.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The truth is I have from the very beginning listened to my instincts. All of my best decisions in life have come because I was attuned to what really felt like the next right move for me.” Oprah Winfrey
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The smallest change in perspective can transform a life. What tiny attitude adjustment might turn your world around.” Oprah Winfrey
- “The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now.” Oprah Winfrey
Oprah has failed more times than people know. She firmly believes that failures in life are a great teacher.
ACTION: Learn from the failures of some of the most influential and successful people in the world today, how they applied lessons from failure to achieve massive success.