Most people learned about teamwork from an early age in school when they were grouped and assigned tasks to do collectively. Others learned as they progressed through life, at work or business. The joyful experience of teamwork in every successful project has made people understand the importance of collaboration. Its high level of impact on the success of any organization is one that can’t be ignored.
Nowadays, teamwork has become a criterion for every successful venture, startup, game, team, business including family. The success of any startup in the long is run largely dependent on the teamwork behind the vision.
The benefits of working as a team are numerous. To mention but a few, teamwork increases effectiveness in delivery capacity of each individual in that team. Just like the ying-yang, each team member focuses on their strengths and complements the other team member’s weakness. Work is done effectively, efficiently and faster as each person is focused on the key area.
A perfect example where you see the effect of teamwork is in the football games. It is a known fact that the success of every team depends on how well they are able to work together for a common goal. Each team member knows that there is no “Me” or “I” in a team rather ” We”. When they succeed, you’ll find them celebrating together, such joy can only be awesome when shared and that’s what you have as a team. At times when they fail, they support, motivate, build and strengthen each other to not give up.
When was the last time you succeeded in something as a team? How did you feel about your team? In the spirit of teamwork, here are;
27 teamwork quotes to encourage collaboration in order to reach success.
- No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team. – Reid Hoffman
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships. – Michael Jordan
- There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others. – George Shinn
- Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success. – Henry Ford
- The secret to teamwork is an outward mindset. ― Steve Young
- Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. – Andrew Carnegie
- Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. – Helen Keller
- No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it. – H.E. Luccock
- It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed. – Charles Darwin
- The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team. – Phil Jackson
- There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals. ― Idowu Koyenikan
- A core group of guys, all sharing similar goals, can move mountains. ― Chris Matakas
- Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable. ― Chris Bradford
- Remember teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability. ― Patrick Lencioni
- The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison. — James Cash Penney
- Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. — Mattie Stepanek”
- With teamwork, we are able to multiply our output and minimize individual input. ― Ogwo David Emenike
- We talk a lot about hope, helping, and teamwork. Our whole message is that we are more powerful together. — Victoria Osteen
- “Be fast, be first, but never be alone. Nothing can replace the value of teamwork. ― Farshad Asl
- “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden
- “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
- “Success is best when it’s shared.” – Howard Schultz
Remember, “Unity is strength”. Which of these quotes encourages teamwork spirit in you?